P950 Thoughts.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ratfugel
ratfugel Contributing Member • Posts: 783
P950 Thoughts.

This P 950 can really do the business.

I still have the earlier model P900 but IMO that particular lens is not in the same league as my new one.

The glass is definitely sharper and the camera focuses a lot quicker. Snaps straight on in fact.

Somebody once said that the earlier sensor 'settles down' if you bother to wait a while when making a long range shot. So whenever I set the camera up for a long shot, I actually noticed that this did in fact happen. We are talking about tripod use here. ( Or bean bag)

I've not noticed that with the later lens at all.

It just focuses correctly and stays that way.

Now that I have had the P950 for some time, I just don't want to bother at all with the older machine.. Maybe I've had the P900 for too long,.but it now seems antiquated and just sits on the shelf with my old film Nikons, Pentaxes and Hasselblads. History I suppose. Had to happen.

Makes you wonder what Nikon will get up to next with this range?

Couple of shots below.

Money where mouth is?

Rat.

(Anybody old enough to remember the Nikon Magazines?

Pity they stopped producing them. Excellent motification for budding photographers).

ratfugel's gear list:ratfugel's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon EOS 80D +1 more
Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow