Z7 on FW 1.02 - how should I update it?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kharan
Kharan Senior Member • Posts: 2,049
Z7 on FW 1.02 - how should I update it?

Hi everyone,

I've recently acquired a Nikon Z7. I had discarded it as an option because of its high price, but then there was a great deal at our local Nikon distributor, and well, irresistible price was irresistible 😬I'm coming over from a Sony A7RII, which unfortunately gave me a bad case of addiction to high res sensors. I was originally aiming for a Z5, knowing that I'd have to compromise on many things, but thinking that it was a good gateway into the Z system. Ah well, I'm far happier with the Z7, I must admit.

Quite interestingly (and unfortunately), my brand-new Z7 came with FW 1.02 installed and a dead battery, meaning that it must've spent at least a year in one or more warehouses. I'm glad that Nikkei's numbers for the Z6 & Z7 are positive worldwide, because it's obvious that they haven't sold much in our local market. Maybe that will change soon.

Anyway, I've never had to do a FW update on a Nikon camera before, and lots of things happened between the release of the Z7 and now. Do I need to install each new FW in order, or can I just to straight to 3.10? Are there any specific things to be aware of?

Thanks in advance 🙂

-- hide signature --

"Chase the light around the world
I want to look at life
In the available light" - Rush, 'Available Light'

Kharan's gear list:Kharan's gear list
Sony RX10 IV Pentax Q Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Nikon Z7 +17 more
ANSWER:
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow