Nikon Ultrawide Zooms

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PhotoKaz
PhotoKaz Contributing Member • Posts: 737
Nikon Ultrawide Zooms

MTF curves of Nikon's full frame ultra-wide zooms. I swapped out my f-mount 14-24 when the new 14-30 was released as the size, image quality, and ability to use filters made it a far better choice for the Z7. I'll have to check some real world reviews to see how much difference, in practice, there is between the two Z mount lenses but simply based on the MTF there may not be a huge difference between the two. The stop of light isn't a selling point to me personally.

Those Z mount curves look pretty good by comparison. Seems like every new lens Nikon makes for this mount is an improvement over the older F mount lens it replaces. I’m curious how much of this is the freedom of the Z mount itself and how much is newer design and technologies.

PhotoKaz's gear list:PhotoKaz's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Z7 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 +2 more
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow