Black Skimmer Affection

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 16,286
Black Skimmer Affection

I'm sharing this terrific moment I caught Thursday at Nickerson Beach. Hurricane Isaias flooded the nesting area at Nickerson Beach wiping out the black skimmer nests and most of their chicks did not make it. Many of the pairs mated again and produced another litter of chicks. Normally the black skimmers migrate by the end of September and there is no way the chicks will be able to fly that quickly. I'm wondering how this will turn out. I plan to go back regularly to and will let you know what happens.

The photo is a huge crop taken with my tripod mounted Fuji X-T3 + Sigma 150-600C. To get enough detail for the crop I first did an "enhance details" in ACR and after bringing the image into Photoshop step interoperated with 6 iterations.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Fujifilm XF 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 R LM OIS WR Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 | C XF 90mm +11 more
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow