The dreaded color cast thread ND filters...I've been ripped off

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
evan631 Senior Member • Posts: 1,225
The dreaded color cast thread ND filters...I've been ripped off

A while back I purchased the Tiffen Pro 100 ND filter kit.  Came with the 3.0 IRD 10 stop, and the 1.2, I then purchased separately the 1.8 6 stop.

Anyhow....the 10 stop has major issues with green tint.  I've been doing some research and know color cast is expected, but this doesn't seem to be color cast.  This is something else.

Further reading.. I've found you can use Welders glass as a 10 stop, but leaves a green cast.  Very similar to what I am getting.

So now I am wondering if I got ripped off on Amazon when I purchased the kit.  Did I get welders glass and not actual filters from tiffen in the kit.

See example of out of camera and my processed BW.  What are your thoughts on my filter???  Feel free to comment on processed image (feedback is always good).

This shot the... 10 stop filter may have been stacked with the 6stop....don't remember.  I do know that the green is all that much different from shots in the past where the filter wasn't stacked.

Thanks

-- hide signature --

Evan
------------------------------------
www.evan631.zenfolio.com

evan631's gear list:evan631's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7200 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Tokina 11-20mm F2.8 +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow