Any EF/FE Adapter with drop-in filter ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Skip py Contributing Member • Posts: 943
Any EF/FE Adapter with drop-in filter ?

Hello

Any experience with an AF adapter (Canon EF lenses to Sony E body) with drop-in filter ?

I already have the Sigma MC-11 that works great, but I have problems with "filters" for a FF "converted to full spectrum" (Hot mirror, 590nm, 850nm) ... and CPL for the non converted body when using my small old 400mm.

Interested in IR photography, I'm looking for something like the Canon EF/RF adapter (and now the Breakthrough equivalent) but for our Sony FF cameras: that would be nice to have this in the field. It would be cool too for CPL or ND on the non converted body.

So far I have only seen these adapters, but not enough reviews to make up my mind :

- KIPON EF-S/E AF ND MARK 3 : not anymore on the Kipon website !? Only for its ND ??

- DEO-Tech OWL : only MF and no electronic information! No lock for the filters ?

Other options (Could also be useful with any lens, including FE; Risks for the sensor ?) :

- Astronomik Clip-Filter : mainly for astronomy and no Hot mirror filter ?

- STC Clip-Filter : some for IR, but no Hot mirror ?

The 52mm filter holder of the OWL seemed fine at first, especially to use the Kolari filters (its Hot mirror that seems to have the more natural colors as far as I know to take "normal" pictures ? and other special ones) ... but a few drawbacks made me think twice.

If you've tried one of these, heard of other options, or find other drawbacks I haven't seen, please let me know.

Regards, Fred

PS:

If Kolari, Breakthrough, Sigma, Metabone or Kipon where interested to make this adapter for Sony, I'd be glad to help.

Skip py's gear list:Skip py's gear list
Pentax K-3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow