iPad Pro - a new future for my hobby

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
KiwiTux
KiwiTux Regular Member • Posts: 165
Re: iPad Pro - a new future for my hobby

Ok, thanks for all of that info Andy-- very helpful. I've got my entire photos library uploaded to iCloud now (yay for NZ's 1Gb/s fibre broadband), and I'm going to run this in parallel for a few weeks with my LR Classic workflow. (I need to untangle my mess with the LR libraries anyways).

With RawPower 3.0 the workflow is a lot closer to being seamless, and I'm very happy with the adjustment options and RAW performance so far. I'm amazed at what Nik has pulled off. I also remember a question I submitted to their support a while back, and got a personal replies from Nik himself. I like to support things like this.

But there's still niggles that are pretty hacky. Having to confirm saving each edit in a popup for each and every image definitely gets old. You can't do some hierarchical organisation in RawPhotos (like moving top level folders around) due to a "bug" with Photos, so there's some things you need to have both windows open. No keyword support stinks (although I do find I'm using them less with the AI-generated ones, as you mentioned).

And the fact that there's no lens correction (or CA correction, etc) without a destructive round trip to an external editor from Photos, only to then open a rasterised (corrected) image in RawPhotos. Since I have PS, I can round trip from photos and save as a layered PSD and have a little bit of a non-destructive workflow, but that means I've got some images with a PS workflow, some with a Raw Power workflow, and others (like iPhone snaps perhaps) that have a Photos workflow.

I'm going to give it a fair shot, anyhow. Maybe it's not as bad as it sounds. Or maybe I just need to dive in head first and get an iPad Pro like you. 

-- hide signature --

-Sean

KiwiTux's gear list:KiwiTux's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow