Two very original ML !

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Skip py Contributing Member • Posts: 966
Re: Two very original ML !

Thanks you very much for all these informations !

Roland Karlsson wrote:

Skip py wrote:

How good is the Sigma's viewfinder ?

Probably not very good

That was what I was thinking for a 2016 electronic viewfinder.

These cameras should be great for IR or Full spectrum conversions : at least the Pentax is fine with small lenses like the DA15 for example at 720nm.

The K-01 is super for IR. Have one full spectrum converted. Nice for both monochrome and color images.

What lenses are you using for IR ? I mostly shoot with the DA15 and didn't try other lenses for hot spots. I still have to test my bulky Irix 15mm (I like this FOV on APS-C).

The Sigma is more problematic. Only the lowest layer is really sensible for IR. And for Quattro this means half the resolution. And for Merrill it means noise. And I have not really seen so much fantastic color images. Even though, theoretically, you could get a color image with an IR filter. Which you cannot with a Bayer camera.

It seems that every Maker has its little things to know... With its 25.56 MP sensor, I was hoping for something compact equivalent as a converted K3. Sometimes more pixels would be great.

Skip py's gear list:Skip py's gear list
Pentax K-3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow