Rico Pfirstinger X-T1 book for X-T3

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
HamSupLo
OP HamSupLo New Member • Posts: 23
Re: Rico Pfirstinger X-T1 book for X-T3

Mancunian0405 wrote:

I have both cameras and Rico‘s book on the X-T3.

As already said here, his books go beyond the manual and contain (pro) tips that are very often camera model specific, not only in terms of menu and features, but more importantly concerning sensor and processor as well as AF and many other.

E.g. the video section in the X-T3 book is very useful, almost nothing of it is included in the X-T1 book simply because the latter barely has any video functions/settings.

Threaded wrote:

I’d agree that whatever you need to know can be found online or in the manual that comes with the camera anyway. But as far the XT1 book goes, no it’s probably not worth picking up as there are many subtle differences between the two (including quite different menu layouts and additional abilities in the XT3) that would mean you’d probably spend more time trying to translate the book than actually learning anything useful.

The strength of these books is that they get into all those less obvious details about the specific camera you’re using - but that goes out the window in this situation.

Jerry-astro wrote:

If it were me, I think I’d just make the relatively small investment in getting the right book. Whatever differences there are might easily end up simply being confusing or misleading. Unless the price of the book is an issue, I think you’d be a lot better off just getting the right one and avoiding subtle differences between the models that might not be apparent and could end up simply being confusing.

Thanks, guys. This is exactly what I wanted to know!

HamSupLo's gear list:HamSupLo's gear list
Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow