Is anyone else unable to download the Canon EOS Webcam Utility?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
RDM5546
RDM5546 Senior Member • Posts: 1,694
Re: Is anyone else unable to download the Canon EOS Webcam Utility?

JD28 wrote:

I go to Canon's site and follow all the steps and get the following error message on a separate 404 page:

"Referral Denied

You don't have permission to access 'http://downloads.canon.com/webcam/EOSWebcamUtility-WIN1.0.zip' on this server."

This happens regardless of whether I choose my camera model (the EOS R6) or any other camera model. For reference, I am trying to download the Windows 10 (x64) version, and I never downloaded the beta (which you're apparently supposed to uninstall before downloading the 1.0 release version).

Is this happening for anyone else? I have a Zoom interview tomorrow and I would really like to be able to "wow" them with my video feed!

I got exactly the same error message where they ask you for a product serial number when downloading other software. I have serial numbers of my cameras and could have supplied them if they had asked for that.

RDM5546's gear list:RDM5546's gear list
Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EOS R +37 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow