Four reasons I love the S1R (ok, maybe five)

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
h1pst3r88 Regular Member • Posts: 367
Four reasons I love the S1R (ok, maybe five)

I say this after about two weeks of ownership and having formerly owned a Sony A7iii, Leica SL, Leica CL, Leica X Vario... and still owning a Sony RX10iv and a Fuji X100S.

1. IBIS -- it's so good that at slow shutter speeds it feels like cheating.

2. The sensor -- those 47mp are just awesome. I have enough storage and processing power on my desk that I don't care about the huge image sizes, I just love being able to capture that level of detail and the camera's beautiful colors and rendering.

3. The ergonomics and UI -- the best I have used. Plenty of dedicated buttons, awesome customization, a menu designed for humans, and everything under a finger to allow concentration on the composition.

4. The EVF -- the best I have seen. Bright, fast, detailed -- really just the best in the business (thank you Sony for this EVF!).

5. The build quality -- I thought the SL was the gold standard, but the S1R is every bit the same caliber. Even with the weight penalty of the added grip, the 24-105mm (and my soon to be 50mm S Pro) the build quality makes the weight worth haul. It's just a beast to behold.

-Chris

-- hide signature --

All Description is necessarily selective

h1pst3r88's gear list:h1pst3r88's gear list
Leica X Vario Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Sony RX10 IV Leica SL (Typ 601) Sony a7 III +6 more
Fujifilm X100S Leica SL (Typ 601)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow