Where to go from the Lumix G9?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fairlane Regular Member • Posts: 283
Where to go from the Lumix G9?

Ok, so I sold my beloved G9 today, and wonder where to look now.

I shoot mostly stills, portraits, street, landscape, macro, and occasionally video.

The G9 could do it all, but didn't meet my expectations in low-light scenarios, and i would also like some more room for cropping.

I do some laboratory-shots now and then, and the light is mediocre in many locations.

Therefore I should probably go fullframe, but it's always a question of cost, and weight.

I have done some research and narrowed it down to the new Lumix S5, the Nikon Z5/6 and with the Fuji X-T4 as an outsider.  I'm no fan of Sony and Canon, so I will not consider them.

The price on all these 3 models are fairly similar, with the S5 looking to be the best buy right now, considering they throw in a free Sigma 45mm with preorder. The X-T4 a close second as they are on campaign right now.

So, what would you choose, if you could have any of these 3/4 models, and did most still work? And why?

Fairlane's gear list:Fairlane's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-S5 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Sigma 45mm F2.8 DG DN Panasonic Lumix S 20-60mm F3.5-5.6
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow