Fujifilm AU Repair Service

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
The City Lane
The City Lane Regular Member • Posts: 189
Fujifilm AU Repair Service

I just wanted to post about my recent experience with Fujifilm Australia in relation to a repair that was done on my camera.

I few months back I noticed that my shutter release wasn't working properly. Sometimes it'd lag, sometimes it wouldn't take shots properly, and it was getting worse to the extent of making my camera unusable. I'm pretty sure that the problem was caused by me stupidly tightening my shutter release button to much, or it could be related to when I dropped my camera. In any case, pretty sure it was my fault.

I booked the camera in for repair and it was all pretty straight forward. Unfortunately due to the stage four lockdowns in place in Melbourne getting it to Sydney and back took forever through the post. It's OK. I managed.

I got my camera back and, while the button was fixed, the EVF was stuffed. Whenever I went to focus, it'd have a green line flickering across the screen, and the image jumping around. For video, it was constant. Essentially, the EVF, which was working fine before the repair, was stuffed. Clearly this would have been tested when my camera was repaired, so I'm guessing something must have happened in transit. Who knows. In any case, to me this is the sort of situation when a brand shows what they're about.

I contacted Fuji and let them know what had happened, and let them know that due to freelance commitments, going another month without my camera wasn't going to work for me. They responded almost immediately, fast tracked my approval to the FPS program, and sent me a loan camera within the space of a week. One week after sending my camera back for the EVF to get repaired, it was back in my hands, working.

They stepped up and did what needed to be done, which contrasted to an experience I had with Microsoft a few years back. Overall, the experience solidified my belief that Fuji is a brand that actually cares about its customers.

The City Lane's gear list:The City Lane's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow