Traded my z7 nikon in oredered an s5 for these reasons

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Miamistan Forum Member • Posts: 79
Traded my z7 nikon in oredered an s5 for these reasons

I have three cameras at the present time. I own a fuji hx-1, fuji xe-3 and 8 fuji lens.I also have a Panasonic lx 100 ii and a Nikon z7 with three lenses. The main reason I am trading the Nikon z7 for the s5 is I love the black and white especially the look of Lmonochrome d. Also the shift sensor high resolution giving me 96 useful megapixels right out of the camera for 2000 is terrific.

I will be using the fuji for portrait color and travel as I think fuji has the best relatively compact lens for the money. I love their color simulation modes but their vaunted acros does not look as good as the monachrome d to me. I will use the Pansonic s5 for color when I need enlargement above 24x36 which I do about 100 different shots per year usually measuring 4feet x 6 feet using on1 resup software.

The thing each camera has in common is I like the filter set for specific purposes in all of them. I do not like to spend my life obsessing over one photo. I take the shot, do light photoshop save to tiff and print. I do not like my photographs overprocessed and I like to see my photos look like photos and not fake construction.

So for my work flow the Panasonic is the most film like of all the bw film simulations right out of the can.

I am including some examples of my bw work to show the simulation I love from Panasonic

Highgate Cemetery - London Lx100 II

Foggy morning Haystack Rock Oregon Lx 100 II

Using lx100 ii for street photography London

Miamistan's gear list:Miamistan's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Nikon Z7 Nikon Z5 Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon 35mm F1.8G ED +4 more
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Nikon Z7 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow