Meike MD-D18 died?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dperez Regular Member • Posts: 338
Meike MD-D18 died?

Nikon D850 with Meike battery grip.  Worked FINE.  No problems with any of the EN-EL18(s).  9 fps all the time, battery condition in the menu.  Worked.

Until today.  Pulled out one battery, put in another.  DEAD.

The 850 knows there's a battery grip.  The green light on the body flashes.  But when I go into the menu there's no batter condition.  Just that there's an MB-D18 there.

Tried FOUR different EN-EL18(?) - 1 Nikon, 2 Wasabi, 1 DSGE.  NONE do anything.  All in their own BL-5s.

Same batteries work perfectly in the Meike grip on the D500.  Batteries are fine.

Took the Meike battery mount and put an EN-EL15 in there.   DEAD.  Same exact display.

Even took the AA carrier and put 8 AAs in that and and tried it.  DEAD.

Pulled ALL the batteries and let it sit in case the D850 needed to somehow reset.  DEAD.

Has anyone had one of these grips die?  Considering its been working and suddenly died, is there any chance the D850 has a problem?

Anything else I can try?  And yeah, for those of you who think dumping a grand for a grip and a battery is reasonable - I get it.  It's not going to happen.  So, ANYONE have any USEFUL ideas what else I can check?

Nikon D500 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow