Milky Way Processing Light Polluted Areas

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Interceptor121 Contributing Member • Posts: 944
Milky Way Processing Light Polluted Areas

Following from my previous post I have explored two paths as suggested

The first was to change stacking from DSS to Sequator I have done that essentially tho I have identical results Sequator is much faster

The second part was about removing light pollution and here I have tried the tools in the Siril app but they make the image unreal with a completely dark background they also suck all the color away from the stars

So I went on doing my own home made gradient and adjustments and then compared siril histogram stretch with rnc from RN Clark this is the method I favoured at the end

Finally some cosmetic adjustments in photoshop and as very final step a graduated filter in lightroom for the light pollution coming back after stretch

First image one of the subs

Sample

Last image the processed image after crop

I think this is as far as I can go for now next step find some other better location!

I am not performing white balance and keeping temperature to daylight along the process so there is a residual gradient but I rather keep that than loosing star colours

Interested in some feedback

Interceptor121's gear list:Interceptor121's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic GH5 Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow