Cheap FX that is still worth buying?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Thomas Hoven Junior Member • Posts: 32
Re: Cheap FX that is still worth buying?

rlandrigan wrote:

Ideally a used D750 is a best performing value - it's really a fantastic camera. A D610 would be good as well, but the cost difference would still push me to a 750, a little bit extra gets you a lot more.

I'd avoid anything before a D610 - the D700 and D3s are too old, too outclassed by the progress in sensors. The 800 series is bulkier and unless you need the megapixels in a major way, not any better.

I very much agree with the above. I was lucky and picked up a D750 new last winter when they were as low as $1000. I am very pleased with it, and have no upgrade plans. Good balance between size, price and quality - particularly if still photography is your main focus.

If you plan to buy used, make sure it is one of the more recent D750s, I have the impression the issues with the earlier D750s have been sorted on later samples. Mine had no issues (and I checked it for those I am aware of), and the latest firmware.

Went on a forest hike last week-end. Brought my D750. My friend lefty his D810 and D4 at home due to bulk. Who do you think got the best shots?

Thomas

Thomas Hoven's gear list:Thomas Hoven's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D750 Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 24-105mm F4 DG OS HSM Nikon AP-F 70-300mm F4.5-5.6E +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow