New small, hand holdable, continuous light from Godox

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tugwilson Senior Member • Posts: 2,546
New small, hand holdable, continuous light from Godox

To add to its bewilderingly diverse new range of video lights Godox have just released information about the ML60 hand holdable 60W light.

Looks to be a direct competitor with the Nanlite Forza 60 in terms of size and spec. I bought a Forza 60 recently when they were being offered for crazy money on eBay. It's very impressive.

The ML60 is slightly smaller and about half the weight of the AD300Pro. It shares the Godox mount as standard and can use Bowens modifiers via the S2 Bracket. That's an advantage over the Forza 60 which has a mount with only 3 modifiers available (the standard reflector, a rather good Fresnel and a softbox with what looks like a bodged adapter stuck on the back). The Forza can use Bowens modifiers via an adapter too. Both the ML60 and the Forza 60 have optional wireless controls.

Godox need to produce a Godox mount Fresnel for this light.

Price $269 which is OKish. I'd expect it to be £269 in the UK which is in the same ballpark as the Forza 60   (I paid £189 for mine) but the Nanlite charges extra for the battery handle. This might start a small price war.

Nikon 1 S2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow