Full Frame Foveon in Interview with Kazuto Yamaki on Imaging - Resource

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Ceistinne Senior Member • Posts: 2,332
Full Frame Foveon in Interview with Kazuto Yamaki on Imaging - Resource

Link to Interview as posted separately by Jozef M. I think it deserves a post of its own. Thanks Josef M

S

Jozef M wrote:

Here's a new long interview with Yamaki-san.
https://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2020/09/16/sigma-interview-covid-fp-lens-designs-fld-sld-glass-and-more

The work on the FF Foveon sensor still goes on, good, great news !!!
But no date or schedule.

Jozef.

Jozef,

A most interesting and as usual straight talking Mr Yamaki.

"DE: So you're basically just having to do fundamental work on Foveon technology.

KY: There are two issues. The first one is there are some design errors in making the full-frame Foveon sensor. We already have several generations of the full-frame Foveon sensor prototypes. But none of them work properly because of the design error. So we have to correct the design error. The Second problem is a challenge in manufacturing."

So it is now clear that a design error was and still is the reason why the FFF camera was and is still delayed.

I wonder if that design error has to do with the in development Full Frame sensor only or was the design error also in earlier sensors and only discovered in the process of developing the new one.

It's good to know that they are still working on it and as a result I think the new sensor will be a big improvement on every Foveon we have seen up to now.

S

Ceistinne's gear list:Ceistinne's gear list
Sigma SD1 Merrill Sigma dp2 Quattro Sigma SD9 Sigma SD10 Sigma SD14 +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow