6d Mk ii or EOS R

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
luckyheel317 Junior Member • Posts: 35
6d Mk ii or EOS R

I currently have the 6d ii and am considering going mirrorless for the AF capabilities and general trend of camera formats. I am just a parent who takes pictures of kids as portraits, general activity and sports (specifically, baseball, basketball, soccer and gymnastics) and I am by no means a professional.

As I said, I currently have the 6dii and was wondering if the EOS R is the right step for me to take into the mirrorless world. I currently have the following lenses: Tamron 35 f/1.4, Canon 24-105 f/4 II, Canon 70-200 f/4 L IS II, Canon 100 f/2, Canon 100-400 L II, Sigma 135 f/1.4 and Canon 200mm f/2.8. Too much, I know.......and probably more quality than I need.....G.A.S. I have the 35 for general pics around the house and day trips, the 24-105 and 70-200 for travel, 100-400 for soccer and baseball and the 100, 135 and 200 for gymnastics due to lower light.

Anyway, I just wanted thoughts on whether I should stay with the 6dii or move to mirrorless. Overall, I'm happy with the results of the 6dii, but do get a bit frustrated with the AF tracking during soccer and baseball. Could definitely be the user, as well.

I'd also take recommendations on lenses and whether or not some of these are needed and could sell to fund the R6.

Thank you, in advance.

Edited to add....I prefer the larger DSLR feel and do not want too much of a smaller frame.

Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS R Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow