R6: Delay from switch on to camera being ready - apparently random

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
StuartR1953 New Member • Posts: 6
R6: Delay from switch on to camera being ready - apparently random

Hi,

I have an issue with my R6 that I didn't really notice in the beginning but is now becoming annoying. When I switch my camera on there is sometimes a delay of 4-5 seconds before the control overlays appear. I get an image straight away but have to wait for the overlay to load and let me see my settings / histogram / focus point etc. This affects both the EVF and the rear screen. As, I'm primarily a bird and wildlife photographer this is a real pain and I've missed images because of it.

The problem appears to be random, sometimes  it happens sometimes it doesn't and I get what I assume is the standard wait which is less than a second. It happens when I switch the camera on from the off position and when it wakes up during use.

I've tried each mode, different lenses (RF & EF), custom modes etc., but I can't see a pattern anywhere. I'm starting to think it's a setting or combination of settings that is causing it because I'm fairly confident it wasn't happening when I first got the camera.

Interestingly, my son is experiencing exactly the same problem with his R6. The cameras were both bought from Canon UK and delivered from their first batch I believe.

I did consider firmware being the culprit but whilst I've upgraded to 1.1.1 my son hasn't - he's still with the initial release so I've ruled that out for the moment.

Anyone else have the same problem? I'll talk to Canon as well but forums sometimes come up with the answers faster.

I suppose I could reset the camera and start set-up again but it took me days to get it how I like it.

Thanks for reading,

Stuart

Ricoh Caplio R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow