Newbie question about charging Sony A7III

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kalainen Contributing Member • Posts: 747
Newbie question about charging Sony A7III

Ok, here comes a newbie question about charging the Sony A7III. As all of you know the Sony A7III comes without battery charger (cheap solution, Sony!). So for years I've been charging my A7III with usb-cable from my computer - slow and akward solution as I need to have my computer on all the time while charging the battery.

Now, today it occured to me that my phone (old Sony Xperia II - I guess) has a similar charging cable that fits into my Sony A7III body. I've always been very careful not to stick it into Sony body since it might (or might not) damage the camera. The other end of the cable is normal USB that goes into power plug that eventually goes into wall. I'm a bit of an old school with this and I have no idea what plugging usb into power plug means, but the question is: could I actually use this cable to charge my Sony A7III straight from the wall?This could make my life so much easier - and would make me look like a fool as I've charged my A7III for years from computer alone.

Ps. this is pretty much how my phone cable looks like:

-Toni

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow