ChelseaPhotographer wrote:

Achilleas96 wrote:

beagle1 wrote:

Achilleas96 wrote:

poipoipoi_2016 wrote:

Achilleas96 wrote:

The Lamentable Lens wrote:

Achilleas96 wrote:

Its just that the sony lenses are plagued with bad quality of construction from what i ve read while canon lenses in general not so much

Sorry, can't speak to that, as I've not seen those reports or run into any issues with my lenses. Have you had issues with your current Sony lenses?

My only lens that is oem is the 70-200 gm. Up until now no i havent seen anything

Anecdotally:

• 4 copies of the 16-35GM
  • My 20/1.8G was stupidly soft (Also, I cannot magically take 20mm pics, so I returned it anyways)
  • Bought an 85/1.8 and it was bad in one corner. Returned it and grabbed the Samyang instead.

Good Sony lenses:

• 55/1.8, which is really a Zeiss.
  • 24/1.4 was, thankfully, excellent.
  • 24-105G

Which, admittedly, is about on track with my luck with 3rd-party lenses as well.

I have the 35, 50 and new 85 sigma art lenses and the 70-200gm

sigma art is good value but not as good as Canon 70-200 2.8

Definitely

I have the Tamron trinity of zooms for my A7RIV and the quality of those lenses is great. Surprisingly high for how much they cost. I don't know. I was a Canon guy many years ago, and I still have one Canon body, but you might find that switching systems ends up being costly and underwhelming. I think the quality of the R5 files should be great, but probably not as great as the IQ of the A7RIV. I prefer Canon colors and menus, though, but I have figured how to work around those issues...

It's the lenses of the rf system that intrigues me.Although here in Greece they are very expensive. I suppose the successor of the a7iii would be better. As for colours I am not sure what to believe as i shoot RAW. I dont kniw if the colour science of the Canon makes a difference.

I also watch Julia Trotti who recently made the switch to Sony and she has never mentioned the colour science.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow