A7 lll v A6600

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Merlin5 Regular Member • Posts: 298
A7 lll v A6600

If I want to go out and get a high success rate of sharply focused birds in flight and animals moving, then which camera will be better for reliably locking onto the subject accurately, quickly, consistently and staying with it?

The A7 lll, or the A6600 with it's real time tracking? I'm thinking of buying either.

I'd quite like a crop sensor to extend the reach of my telephoto lens, but I'm not keen on the small form factor or the viewfinder being to the far left. But at the same time, I'm led to believe that the A7 lll eye and animal can be unreliable. Is that true or do most users here that might read this thread get a high success rate? Is real time tracking meant to have stronger reliability and accuracy than eye and animal AF without the real time tracking or am I misunderstanding what real time tracking does?

Merlin5's gear list:Merlin5's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony a6600 Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 Di VC USD Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) +1 more
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow