Sony FE vs Canon RF Vs Nikon Z

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
The Lamentable Lens Regular Member • Posts: 423
Re: Sony FE vs Canon RF Vs Nikon Z

Achilleas96 wrote:

I am a Sony guy for the time being but the recent updates in photography and the new cameras of all the companies have made me thinking about changing system. I use a Sony a7III and it is a great camera in all aspects but some of the experience and the handling bugs me.

I have held (not yet tried) the Z6 and R6 and i was impressed. And their lenses are great and really well made from what I have heard.

So the question is: have you considered changing systems and why? What did you choose if you 've made the switch? What is your experience

I haven't thought about switching, but that's because I only bought into Sony FF relatively recently.  I agree completely on the ergonomics.  I don't care for Sony's ergos, and the major competitors all felt better in my hand.  All things being equal, I'd likely be shooting Nikon Z (I made my decision before the R5/R6 were announced).

There were a few reasons I went with Sony, but the major factor was the very well-developed lens line-up, most importantly including the selection of high quality yet affordable third-party lenses.  As the other systems continue to develop, of course, that gap will narrow (as has the gap on AF, etc.), but Sony has a substantial head start.

At the end of the day, I suppose the question is whether resolving the experience and handling issues that are bugging you is worth the cost of switching.  Only you can answer that, of course.

Good luck!

The Lamentable Lens's gear list:The Lamentable Lens's gear list
Ricoh GR III Olympus OM-D E-M10 III Sony a7R III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow