Closeup Photography Using the Panasonic 3D1

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
threed123
threed123 Senior Member • Posts: 1,420
Closeup Photography Using the Panasonic 3D1

Not quite Macro, but close. I was reading about how others are using close-up lenses with the Panasonic Lumix 3D1 (note--added after posting original-not the 3D1aparently after reading some more--apparently, they are using linked Lumix mirrorless--oh well) and decided to just tinker with it using the camera the way it is. It has very good focus close up--even within a couple of inches. So off I went into the backyard. It was a windy day, but the camera did very well. I post-process all the shots in Stereomaker, using some techniques to adjust the separation and crop the image to a more macro level. Also did a little sharpening and some alignment and color level adjustments.

These are crosseyed to the left and straight on to the right. I've taken hundreds of 3D pics with this camera and it always amazes me how good they are with very reasonable depth.

Lumix 3D1 - Bumblebee 1

Lumix 3D1 - Bumblebee 2

Lumix 3D1 - Bumblebee 3 - flying

Lumix 3D1 - Butterfly - A lot of eye confusion with the fence-railing. The detail is great, though.

Lumix 3D1 - Spider - about 3/8" long. Shot about 2" away, and cropped.

Lumix 3D1 - Tree Frog - about 1.5" long. In 3D, it really comes alive.

Lumix 3D1 - Flower

Panasonic Lumix DMC-3D1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow