Studio scene comarison tool - fixed lens cameras

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fabrizio Davia New Member • Posts: 1
Studio scene comarison tool - fixed lens cameras

I have been using the studio scene comparison tool for a long time, and I enjoy spending time comparing cameras and brands.

I understand that what is being compared is the system composed of the camera and of a spcific lens (which is duly noted in the tool), and the reviewrs select the lenses taking care that they are close enough across brands, so that the differnce in lens does not interfere too much with the comparison.

Lately though it occurred to me that the above assumption might be a bit challenged in the case of fixed lens cameras, when the fixed lens has a focal length much different from 85mm (which I understand is the standard used across ILCs).

Please let me point out as an example the Fuji x100 line, whose fixed lens is 35mm eq.

Doesn't this difference intefere with the comparison, in fact reducing the perceived quality of the fixed lens camera?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Fabrizio

Fabrizio Davia's gear list:Fabrizio Davia's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Canon EOS 6D
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Smaug01
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow