Question regarding audio recording

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AndrewBCS New Member • Posts: 2
Question regarding audio recording

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding audio recording into a Sony A7iii. For the last year I have been using the Sennheiser EW G4 wireless kit which plugs directly into the Sony A7iii and recording the sound via a lapel mic which has worked better than my previous setup of a shotgun mic on top of the camera but still not 100% happy!

I was watching a youtube video and he recommended the Sennheiser MKH416 P48 Super-Cardioid Shotgun Condenser Mic which I purchased 2nd hand on ebay. The guy that sold the item on ebay did not include the XLR cable for the product so I am a bit of a loss as to what to try now.

Would your recommendation be to purchase a Sony XLR-K3M XLR Adaptor Kit which will allow me to plug an xlr cable into the adaptor which allows me to still record audio along with the video or is their a wireless solution for the bottom of the shotgun mic?

Is my other option to use a Sennheiser XSW-D XLR Base Set so that I can use that with my EW G4 wireless receiver?

Appreciate any suggestions you may have.  Don't want to waste any more money without making sure I am right in what I need.

Thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow