Windows 10 make look like Win 7?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
afterburn Senior Member • Posts: 1,321
Re: Windows 10 make look like Win 7?

SC489 wrote:

afterburn wrote:

mmarian wrote:

With Classic Shell I have my favorite programs on task bar on bottom of my screen in black color, same as my desktop screen and set to auto hide. It could not be more elegant and more convenient. I could also make my favorite programs to start upon boot up by including them in Start up list of programs but I prefer not to. Single click on the small program icon on task bar which appears briefly upon mouse over, job done. No clutter on my screen, simple as...

There is absolutely nothing you say here you cannot do with standard Windows UI since, well, Windows 95. Or maybe 98. So what is your reasoning to use Classic Shell and add a potentially less stable and memory using program to use functionality you already have?

Wrong - you can't easily configure links to a clean display of nested folders as you can with Classic / Open Shell

Excuse me? Where do you see that listed as one of the features mmarian likes so much about CS? I never said CS doesn't have features Windows doesn't have standard, though you can have nested folders in start or taskbar pretty easily.

I am not questioning CS functionality, I am wondering about what mmarian made going to CS when all the features listed as a pro for CS are basic, standard Windows features since 1998 which does not make them a great example or case for CS.

Please read before you jump on someone.

-- hide signature --

Gijs from The Netherlands
Nikon D800/Fuji X-T1

afterburn's gear list:afterburn's gear list
Nikon D800 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.8G Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow