Relative value new R MICL vs old DSLR

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP highlights Regular Member • Posts: 183
Re: Relative value new R MICL vs old DSLR

lawny13 wrote:

I was think I pointed out that they could get the latest DSLR and wait for the MILC prices to come down.

In general IQ of the cameras he mentioned all hold up and even today. The major improvements that you get from MILC will be things like AF and DR. For those doing landscape I don’t see why an R would t just be great value at €1800. After all the 5D4 is still selling well above 2k.

The main concern would be to those looking for things low birding. Though one can most definitely can do it with the 5D4, there is no disputing that the R6 and R5 will do considerably better. And last I checked most serious birders have some darn expensive lenses. So I figured a mini 1DXIII (R6) would be within reach.

Cause let’s not forget... the 5D4 sells for €2600 here while the R6 goes for €2400.

I don't understand why the relative pricing between models is so different in different markets. Here in NZ the 5D4 is going for around NZD $3400, the R for about the same but the R6 for $4750. R5 is abiout $7,700. RP and 6D2 both about $1,950-$2000.

The launch price for the 5D4 was three odd years back about $4500.

Anyway. In the end people see to evaluate money vs value for themselves.

highlights's gear list:highlights's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Nikon D750 Canon EOS 7D Mark II Nikon D5 Canon EOS-1D X Mark II +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow