Point and shoot camera comparison 2008 vs 2019. I was surprised.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Ed B
Ed B Forum Pro • Posts: 11,139
Re: Point and shoot camera comparison 2008 vs 2019. I was surprised.

I can understand everything you're saying and agree that especially if most of your pictures are in decent light, some of the older compact cameras are pretty good.

I have a couple of very expensive cameras but my wife still loves and still uses an older Canon SD800IS camera for everything.

Just the same, it sounds like when you bought the Olympus tough camera, you bought it for all the right reasons. Those cameras will stand up to almost any kind of bad weather or dusty conditions.

With that said, I've always wondered why these tough cameras are rated lower than many other compact cameras when it comes to image quality, and I've wondered why Olympus never put a one-inch sensor in their Tough series cameras instead of using one of the smallest sensors in the industry.
I suppose it's a little late now because it appears that Olympus is out of the camera business, but it seems that a Tough series camera with a one-inch sensor would have been a great seller.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow