Point and shoot camera comparison 2008 vs 2019. I was surprised.

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
TacticDesigns
TacticDesigns Veteran Member • Posts: 7,929
IQ of my waterproof compact . . .

recklessrickftw wrote:

That’s a great point! I haven’t had it long enough to really use it in those situations where I’d put any other camera away. Being in central Canada, I’m not around outdoor water a lot but in the rain or those days where snow is falling, I wouldn’t have a camera out. Using a camera phone is in winter crap because you can’t wear gloves and use it, you need bare hands. Thanks for sharing the insights!

+1

IMHO . . . if I take my waterproof camera anywhere I decided not to take any of my other cameras, and I get just one keeper, then the IQ of that shot is infinitely better than the shot I didn't get with my other cameras that I didn't bring.

Also, the power of the waterproof camera is not visible by just looking at the specs.

The power of the waterproof (tough) camera is when you happen to bring it somewhere and have it there for you to get that shot of your kid while on vacation. And . . . of being able to enjoy the moment, because you are not worrying about your camera getting damaged.

As for Olympus, one friend got the Olympus 850SW way back when. 'Liked it so much that he upgraded to an Olympus TG850i. And he still has that camera and it works flawlessly! In fact, both cameras still work!

Another of our friends I told him about the Olympus TG-1 when it first came out and he picked one up. Again. One of his favourite cameras. And he still has it. It is working flawlessly as well.

Just make sure to read the manual. And when swapping batteries, make sure the rubber seal is clean and that you close the battery compartment well.

Take care & Happy Shooting!

-- hide signature --
 TacticDesigns's gear list:TacticDesigns's gear list
Fujifilm XP80 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q Nikon D750 Pentax *ist DS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow