Who's a Vlogger?

Started 4 days ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
simpix
simpix Regular Member • Posts: 393
Who's a Vlogger?

We, who inhabit this web forum are all photography enthusiasts, whether Professional, Semi-Professional or just Amateur hobbyists.

It seems to me that the modern trend for camera manufacturers is to produce cameras that are marketed mainly for vlogging or selfie picture takers.

The new A7c is rumored to be aimed at that type of buyer as was the Sony ZV1 Lumix DCG100, released recently.

Why ??

I am curious how many of us actually try to produce this type of content?

For myself, as a former professional photographer for over 25 years and now just hobbyist, I shoot almost 95% still images and am just starting to shoot a little video but I would never dream of vlogging or putting myself in front of camera to narrate my content.......and as for selfies......never !!

For me, the fully articulating screen on the new A7c is actually a negative factor as the tilt screen works best for when I want to shoot high or low and looking through an evf at the side of the camera makes it unwieldy to operate. (I used them on my original Lumix MILCs 10 years ago)

Whenever I go out I see people shooting stills or video with their cameras or (mostly) smartphones but very rarely have I seen someone vlogging, ie walking around filming themselves in their surroundings.

I can't help feeling that the manufacturers are focusing their attention on the small(ish) number of people on Youtube who review and talk about their products and yet the majority of consumers who just want to take photos or video from behind the camera are being gradually marginalized.

Just my 2 cents worth...............what do you guys think?

simpix's gear list:simpix's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a6400 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8 +2 more
Sony ZV-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow