Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
WryCuda Forum Pro • Posts: 10,507
Re: Windows 10 make look like Win 7?

gscotten wrote:

Simon Garrett wrote:

gscotten wrote:

Patco wrote:

WryCuda wrote:

I'm pleased that someone else shares my opinion of the "childish and gigantic tiles". I presume that they are that size for touch operation. Funny thing, even with my large hands, I can use an iPad very efficiently, even though items are often set at 3mm pitch (DPReview forum list, for example).

Seems that MS is afflicted with the "ponytail" school of GUI design.

There is a choice of size for tiles. The "Small" (which is smaller than the desktop icon at default size) is 1/4 the size of a "Medium" tile.

I don't understand this "problem". Are people using Win 10 in Tablet Mode? The only place I see these tiles is off to the side on those rare times when I open the Start Menu. Win10 looks pretty much like an improved Win7 to me. I skipped Win8 because it was ALL tiles, but Win10 seems to work essentially identical to Win7. What am I missing?

I don't think there's a "problem", it's just that I and others find OpenShell a better UI. I'm sure that isn't "problem" for you (or I hope not!)

It's just personal preference.

The Open Shell start menu shows the whole start menu on screen at once (although it's cropped in this screen scrape). For me it's easier to find stuff that way, especially if it's something I rarely use and can't remember the name until I see it.

I certainly have no problem with you preferring OpenShell. I agree that if you use the program list very often, the more compact version is better. (I very rarely use the program list.) But all I was hearing were complaints about the tiles, which I didn't understand. The only place I ever see them is off to the side of the program list. You can delete them if you don't like them, but I never even notice them.

I think that it was me that mentioned tiles earlier on. I also hardly notice them, and I can't be bothered getting rid of them either.

WryCuda's gear list:WryCuda's gear list
Nikon D7100 Sony a6000 Sony a7
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow