Windows 10 make look like Win 7?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Sagittarius Veteran Member • Posts: 7,068
Re: Windows 10 make look like Win 7?

Simon Garrett wrote:

gscotten wrote:

Patco wrote:

WryCuda wrote:

I'm pleased that someone else shares my opinion of the "childish and gigantic tiles". I presume that they are that size for touch operation. Funny thing, even with my large hands, I can use an iPad very efficiently, even though items are often set at 3mm pitch (DPReview forum list, for example).

Seems that MS is afflicted with the "ponytail" school of GUI design.

There is a choice of size for tiles. The "Small" (which is smaller than the desktop icon at default size) is 1/4 the size of a "Medium" tile.

I don't understand this "problem". Are people using Win 10 in Tablet Mode? The only place I see these tiles is off to the side on those rare times when I open the Start Menu. Win10 looks pretty much like an improved Win7 to me. I skipped Win8 because it was ALL tiles, but Win10 seems to work essentially identical to Win7. What am I missing?

I don't think there's a "problem", it's just that I and others find OpenShell a better UI.

I'm sure that isn't "problem" for you (or I hope not!)

It's just personal preference.

The W10 start menu shows only a small fraction of the programs on the list, and I have to scroll down about 6 times to get to the bottom of the list.

The Open Shell start menu shows the whole start menu on screen at once (although it's cropped in this screen scrape). For me it's easier to find stuff that way, especially if it's something I rarely use and can't remember the name until I see it.

Open Shell is also much more configurable.

There isn't a "problem", just a preference.

Have you tried START in full screen mode?

-- hide signature --

Best regards

Sagittarius's gear list:Sagittarius's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm F1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow