Who's the A7C for? School me!

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NotAPhotog Regular Member • Posts: 434
Who's the A7C for? School me!

My gear list shows that I'm a Nikon DSLR user, but I used to be a Sony mirrorless APS-C shooter and the top of my wishlist (after a 16-50 f2.8) was a full frame camera in a A6x00 body.

Now that it has arrived and exceeded all of my expectations, what does the A7C do?

My guess is:

• Gives the hobbyist/amateur who wants a compact mirrorless high quality full frame body

Yes! Perfect camera for this purpose. However, once you add a 2.8 zoom, the balance is thrown off and the ergonomics will suffer (which weren't perfect to begin with on the A7x series). Yes you can shoot small quality primes, and yes it comes with a compact zoom, but how many people are going to spend 2100 Euros just to shoot with a FE 4-5.6 zoom? Also, is there really that big of a difference in terms of size between mounting a small prime lens on an A7III vs the A7C? The latter is cheaper as well!

• Competes with other compact mirrorless full frame cameras on the market

Yup, the A7C blows the RP out of the water! Probably better than the Z5 as well. More features than the Sigma FP. But all of those are priced well below the A7C!

• Trying to get more casual users/smartphone users looking to step up into serious photography

Always a welcome option! However, at this price?

• Did it just to show consumers that they are listening

Well yes! They've definitely listened.

So I've clearly missed the point here, would someone care to school me on who/what the A7C is for?

NotAPhotog's gear list:NotAPhotog's gear list
Sony a6000 Canon EOS M100 Sony a7 III Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 III
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Lan
T3
T3
M19
T3
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow