Windows 10 make look like Win 7?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
GodSpeaks
GodSpeaks Forum Pro • Posts: 14,334
Classic Shell is now Open Shell

WryCuda wrote:

ciaran33 wrote:

Hi, my wife is struggling to use her Win 10 laptop, especially now that she needs to do Zoom meetings. She can whizz around her iPad and iPhone better than me, though I like my Mac Book Pro. I've had Windows laptops for years, but the Win 10 interface has me befuddled. There was a Classic Shell app to restore the old Win 7 look, but it hasn't been updated for years. (Dear me, I'm beginning to sound like a Luddite). Any thoughts?

Yes, for some users, Win8 was unusable until Classic Shell came to the rescue. I don't know the full story on CS for Win10, but I believe that the developers just gave up.

Yes, development of Classic Shell ended a while back.  But it was revived and now goes under the name Open Shell .

It works fine on Windows 10.  I started using Classic Shell when I switched to Windows 7 and continue to use it today as Open Shell with Windows 10.

Microsoft seems to not have any good ideas for a usable interface.  Their "live tiles" and default interface for Windows 10 are hopeless, in my opinion.  I am sure some people love it, but I sure don't.  Open Shell allows me to take back control of my desktop.

I even have a Windows XP skin for Windows 10. 

-- hide signature --

The greatest of mankind's criminals are those who delude themselves into thinking they have done 'the right thing.'
- Rayna Butler

GodSpeaks's gear list:GodSpeaks's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS5 Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Nikon D800E Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +50 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
MOD Austinian
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow