CANON EOS 90D AND EOS 7D MARK II LAST OF THEIR KIND?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Mike-G Junior Member • Posts: 48
Re: CANON EOS 90D AND EOS 7D MARK II LAST OF THEIR KIND?

JPAlbert wrote:

apsc4ever wrote:
"For this reason and many others, this gives me hope that Canon will at least continue ONE pro apsc dslr - product line!"

I'm not a bettin' man, but if I was...
... I'd put my money in the box that says Canon has already produced its last DSLR (mirrored) camera, with the possible exception of the Rebel line.

The DSLR era is over, guys.
You may like it, or you may not.
But that doesn't matter because... you'd better get used to it.

There seem to be significant trade-offs between systems, and each has its distinct advantages. In addition to the improved AF, I'd really like a silent shutter and WYSIWYG viewfinder, but swapping batteries and a sleepy EVF would drive me nuts.

Will any of the manufacturers develop a robust mirrorless APS-C body along the lines of the D500 or 7D II? I'm already reach-challenged with the 100-400L on my 7D II and spending about $7500 (R5, 100-500L, 1.4 TC, new memory cards, extra batteries) on a system to retain that barely adequate reach seems silly to me.

I have a feeling this may be an "eat your vegetables" moment with the manufacturers telling us to go FF with no alternative.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jp4
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow