* The Weekly Image Thread 20 09 11 #472 *

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
19andrew47
OP 19andrew47 Forum Pro • Posts: 38,176
Re: Experiments in Selective Colour

I wish the pump had been level Harvey.  I would like to own one but the price is prohibitive mostly.  A long time ago I had a very large tank filled with diesel fuel.  A pump like one of those I would have put to use!  Some one emptied the tank on me.  I ought to have put a lock on it but never really considered the possibility of theft.  The tank was behind the house next to an outbuilding and not visible from the road.  My lawn and garden tractors have been diesel.  During the winter I don't use a lot since it depends upon the amount of snow fall we get.  That year, not much.  Come spring I went out to fill the tractor and the pump was not pumping.  I thought the pump was broken and almost bought a new one.  Then after a week or so of looking at pump options I looked into the tank and could see no fuel.  The tank had been filled with hundreds of gallons of diesel in the fall.  I used a dip stick and there was next to nothing left.  At the time that was about $600 of fuel gone.  Now it would be over $1000.  I had the tank removed and now have two 20 L tanks in the garage that I have to take to the gas station.   Not at all convenient.

More than anyone ever wanted to know!

Andrew

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow