Relative value new R MICL vs old DSLR

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
prospects Regular Member • Posts: 247
Re: Relative value new R MICL vs old DSLR

lawny13 wrote:

People really need to look at the relative value of MSRP.

I am not sure why so many keep comparing the release prices to what you can get older models for now. For example here in Europe the 5DIV launched for €4500. The R5 launched for relatively the same price.

The 6D was in the 2k was range and now so is the R6. For both the R5 and R6 you get a major jump in features. They both do 20 fps which was only 1D territory.

The same goes for the launch prices of a 5DS/R.

So... had canon launched a new one of any of the DSLR lines what prices points would you expect th to be at?? Pretty much the same as the usual MSRP right?

So if people realise this then they must also realise that prices will come down over time in a similar fashion. They can upgrade to the latest DSLR version and hold out for later down the road when the RF cameras come down in price. Or they can pick up one that already came down in price (R from 2300 to 1800 for example), or they can get on to the R5/R6. And remember they can seemlessly adapt the lenses they already have.

While I whole heartedly agree with this, I think the OP wanted to know if the old flagship cameras are good enough today as they have reduced in price (more value for money) rather than buying the latest gadget that would be prone to greater depreciation in the next few years.

Imo, a 5DIV, 6DII, R or RP would certainly be more than good enough for most people. Most don’t actually need the R5/R6 but it’s just a nice to have.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KEG
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow