* The Weekly Image Thread 20 09 11 #472 *

Started 4 months ago | Photos thread
WhyNot
WhyNot Veteran Member • Posts: 9,735
Mask Up

I tend to be an observer of life with a camera... I find the human condition interesting but you may find it too controversial … I can't always judge my audience, if I have one … But these pictures are from my walk and observations last Saturday at the beginning of a USA holiday weekend..... Being downtown and there being many others here I was curious as to how seriously we took this pandemic and the mandates about social distancing and masks …. This rider who is in the street alone may be over thinking masks …

This next picture I liked for its irony and it actually gave me the idea for this set.

I confess that my subject here, like me, has the mask pulled down because she is outside and has no one withing 20 feet of her. This is my philosophy about covering my face but I always do mask up when I think I might pass withing 8 feet of another human....

Of course if you happen to be eating breakfast no mask is expected …

or maybe carrying on a conversation with proper social distancing …. and partially masked ….

or advocating an issue or protesting …

or singing …

But if you are with a large group one might consider that the mask is not only for the health of yourself and others but is a sign of respect for your fellow human beings …

I must say that on my walk through town I saw less than 75% of those I encountered had masks or showed me that respect … but it is interesting … and I have a few more pictures from this walk that I might share but if this is too controversial (political) I did get out to the Botanical Gardens after the weekend and can share some flowers instead! …. I find this debate we are currently engaged in about the the value of retaining the thoughts of the Enlightenment interesting. ….

These pictures were taken using the E-M5.3 with the ZD50mm macro lens. …. The M5.3 doesn't have a tilting LCD but has allowed me to use the ZD 25mm and 50mm lenses that the M10.2 doesn't. …however, next time I'll probably use the P42.5 which is smaller and has a better frame than the 50 .. I really had to back away to take a couple of these pictures ….

Stay well and mask up when needed …

WhyNot

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow