A Little Frustrated

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
OP fafitz Contributing Member • Posts: 561
Re: Problem Accommodated

Well, I obviously hesitate to say problem solved but the lens now seems usable.  I believe the problem was dimensional/mechanical; the lens contacts were marginally engaging the FT1 contacts but not quite correctly enough to assure reliable contact.  Measuring compared to a Nikon lens was inconclusive so I reverted to just trying things.  Backing off clockwise after normal installation (slighty) made things worse.  Then I discovered that if I attached the lens normally and then depressed the locking tab on the FT1 while rotating the lens further counterclockwise, it would go very slightly past the lock position until some other surface stopped the rotation.  In this position the lens is working normally.  I like my V1, a lot, and am thrilled that my lens system for it is extended.

-- hide signature --

Frank - WSSA Member #453
D300; N1 V1;

fafitz's gear list:fafitz's gear list
Nikon D1 Nikon D300 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow