Panasonic LX100ii/Leica DLUX 7 for serious travel/street photography?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Gene J. Paull Senior Member • Posts: 1,818
Panasonic LX100ii/Leica DLUX 7 for serious travel/street photography?

Hi everyone,

When the COVID 19 finally abates I want to get back into overland/back country travel into La Ruta Maya - archaeological photography in the Peten of Guatemala.  The Panasonic LX100ii/and or Leica DLUX 7 is one of the options I'm giving serious consideration.  I have the entire Nikon DSLR system - lots of bodies, lenses etc. - big, heavy obvious, and I'm 75 yrs. old - don't need a 40 lb. backpack to haul around.  In the past I used an LX7 - good results for street, but sometimes lacking in landscape detail at the long end.

So - thinking seriously about the LX100ii/Leica DLUX 7  main camera, and LX7 as backup.  Other option is the Nikon Z50 with the very slow, but tiny kit lens.  Yes, will print up to 12 x 18 gallery wrap to be displayed at local art shows.  FWIW, in the past my former best travel camera was a Nikon film FE2 with just two lenses - 35 and 85 primes - small, light, high IQ and not very noticeable on the street.

I don't want the larger Panasonic 1000 with the larger and slower zoom lens.

-- hide signature --

Gene in Deep South Texas
http://www.pbase.com/lahuasteca/

Gene J. Paull's gear list:Gene J. Paull's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Nikon D80 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow