Peak Design Messenger alternative?

Started Sep 9, 2020 | Discussions thread
danmitch
danmitch Contributing Member • Posts: 682
Re: Peak Design Messenger alternative?

Angrymagpie wrote:

Thank you for your very thoughtful explanation. I find it very helpful.

I like the idea of just sticking to a bag - I am not awfully fond of swapping around and doing endless online research just to find another bag. So initially I was going to just order another 15" Everyday Messenger. But the bag's build quality wasn't what I expected. Granted that I've been using it for perhaps 7 years by now, the inserts/dividers have fallen apart, two areas of the back of the bag needed patching, and one of the bolts that holds the lower bottom section of the bag has gone missing. And now the zipper has failed on me. It sounded like your Billingham withstood the test of time much better than my Peak Design!

One more thing though, if I may, it looks to me that the Hadley Large Pro is a larger bag than the 15" Peak Design messenger. Is that your experience as well? (assuming that you also have the 15" messenger)

Thanks again for sharing your experience

No problem. I don’t have the PD bag any more but checking on line they seem very close in size although I find the Billingham bags feel smaller as they are a bit softer and more flexible, this may be a personal thing and I don’t always carry a laptop with them which helps.

Just to be really clear, I know some people love the PD bags, I just wasn’t that impressed to be honest - be boring if we all liked the same though!

-- hide signature --

Best - Daniel
A few photos and thoughts at https://www.danmitch.photography
Latest photos on https://www.instagram.com/dangramit/

danmitch's gear list:danmitch's gear list
Fujifilm X100V Nikon Z6 Leica Summarit-M 50mm F2.4 ASPH Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 35mm F1.8 +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow