How to process x3i from sfd on strong light ratio?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
butfly
butfly Forum Member • Posts: 53
How to process x3i from sfd on strong light ratio?

I had taken a photo of the moon with SFD (X3I file), by 300mm lenses, so the moon occupy only small center area with other part of the frame is black. With M mode and ISO 100, the exposure is correct so middle of the seven x3f in x3i file get clear face of the moon.

After open the x3i in SPP (X3I editor), I selected all of the 7 frames and select "Review" to open them in X3F editor. The auto processing make the face of the moon much light than over-exposure. I suggest it's caused by the SPP, the software think exposure of all dark park need to be increased.

But, the X3F editor only allows 2 EVs as max of exposure adjustment. Even if I pull the exposure block to left end (-2 EVs), the face of moon is still over-exposured. As my evaluation the exposure of the result of the X3I needs to decrease by 5 EVs.

How can I set the 4th (middle) X3F as a base of X3I, and get the correct moon face in such a scene with strong light ratio and small subject?

butfly's gear list:butfly's gear list
Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon 1 V1 +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow