When will firmware have a modern menu system for the A7RIV? Current one is holding back purchase....

Started Sep 9, 2020 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jcbmemphis Forum Member • Posts: 96
When will firmware have a modern menu system for the A7RIV? Current one is holding back purchase....

Hi,

Want to get an A7R4 and represent a probably pretty average enthusiast.

Specs are great.

Human I/O, frankly, is what is holding me back. Before the fans attack, try an SL2 or even a new R5 or a GFX....

If Sony simply changed the menus to be more like the SL2, they’d bump sales probably 50% based on my informal  discussions....no one “loves” Sony menus. Many “have learned them and are ok with them”.....

Bad font.

Bad structure.

Touchscreen on the A7R4 could not do iPhone 5 level work.....we are talking years and years ago I/o.

So, to Sony execs, just make the software IO better and you’ll see much better sales. It is that simple..   I’ll buy one when the menus get a full swap and touchscreen function is good.

And, to not alienate your current users, have a legacy option so people can pick one menu interface or the other.....   that would be super good for everyone. No need to make everyone do it the same way...

Hope this gets to a Sony exec.

jcbmemphis's gear list:jcbmemphis's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro3 Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm 16-55mm F2.8R LM WR Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR Fujifilm XF 23mm F2 R WR +1 more
Canon EOS R5 Canon EOS Rebel SL2 (EOS 200D / Kiss X9)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow