Nikon Z5 vs Fuji X-T4

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
albero Regular Member • Posts: 248
Re: Nikon Z5 vs Fuji X-T4

Virtual Photon wrote:

z2122 wrote:

I would get a Z6 with the fantastic 24-70 f4. With the FTZ you can use some of your existing lenses and later on sell them to buy others , depending on your budget . (yes, I have the Z6 and I like it a lot)

The only lens he could use in FX mode is the 50 1.8. All of the others will be automatically switched to DX mode on the Z system - which in the case of the Z6 will result in a resolution of about 10mpx. This is fine for small to medium size prints as well as web display . . .

10 megapixels are fine for everything... 18 years ago a pro camera used for advertising jobs was a 6 megapixels beast like this one:

https://m.dpreview.com/articles/3557033952/canoneosd60

What count is the silicon sensor size who captures the photons: phisics matters! Bigger is always better... Z5 is better than T4 and Fuji GFX is better than Z5. It is not only a matter of noise or resolution but also of colour - black/white tonal transition.

Considering the nice pictures you shot I see no necessity in changing the gear...

albero's gear list:albero's gear list
Nikon Z6
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow