WOULD LIKE SUGGESTIONS ON NEW LANDSCAPE CAMERA

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
1Dx4me Forum Pro • Posts: 10,248
Re: WOULD LIKE SUGGESTIONS ON NEW LANDSCAPE CAMERA

Christopher D Mann wrote:

My personal favorite so far is the 5DSr with the 16-35 F4 L IS on a tripod with mirror lockup set to 1 second to help reduce ant type of shutter vibration. At 50 mp you get all of the great detail that you want and with the lens mentioned it is really sharp with good tonal range as well. Good luck on whatever you decide you choose.

anytime when landscape photography is mentioned, people automatically think of UW lenses. i have used my canon 100-400 II for landscape the most, especially for sunsets! using tripod for late afternoons is ok but lets keep in mind that 100400 II has a 4 stop IS built in it, which helps a lot. the other lens that i use a lot for landscape is canon 24-70 f2.8 II--it is a great lens, gives me prime quality files.

i do agree with you about 5DsR's high rez sensor for landscape or anything use. i acquired my 5DsR a couple months ago and i am impressed what a versatile camera it is. i have been using mine for birding and insects quite a bit lately and i am very impressed with its performance. it'll be a while for me to decide on a R5 so i am in no hurry, right now.

-- hide signature --

if you look at God real close and for very long, you'll find defects!!!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow