I just semi-accidentally bought an X-E3. Make me feel better about my 'decision!'

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cptrios Senior Member • Posts: 1,504
I just semi-accidentally bought an X-E3. Make me feel better about my 'decision!'

So, I've been strongly considering an X-E3 for a bit, and I saw one going for what I figured was a reasonable price. I put one of those "I'm not totally convinced, but if this number wins, I can live with it" bids in, and then as time ticked away the palpitations started. Aaaaand I won.

After a long GAS period in which I bought and sold a lot of cameras and lenses, I settled on a Sony RX1 and a Ricoh GR and haven't bought a thing for 7 years. I've missed the ability to swap lenses (especially for something in the 50-85 equivalent range), so the itch has come up again recently.

I have enough old gear that I haven't used (including an original X100 that fell by the wayside when someone - long story - gave me the RX1, but which I couldn't bear to sell because it was such a great camera) to cover the cost of the X-E3. However, dropping $400+ during this time on a camera that I absolutely don't need doesn't quite sit right.

So...convince me that I won't regret it!

cptrios's gear list:cptrios's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Sony Alpha NEX-7 +4 more
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow