Blurry out-of-focus soccer photos with the R6?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
iker3085 Junior Member • Posts: 29
Blurry out-of-focus soccer photos with the R6?

Hi,

I've been shooting soccer for a few years now. I've been using the 1DX along with the 6D Mark II for less action scenes. I've never really had any trouble unless I messed up focusing or aperture/shutter speed.

Today I took my brand new R6 with me, I had the Canon 70-200 2.8 L USM along with the Canon R adapter attached, shot at 2.8, 1/2000 with auto ISO on a sunny day. As I already did with the 1DX, I used the four-field-expanded AF mode, with focusing and recomposing on the AF-ON button.
The results are kind of scaring me. I have so many blurred photos, even when the the AF field is set up correctly. At some point I had to check if I shot at 1/2000 because it almost looked like I shot fast movement with 1/300. On some images, I can't find any part of the image that is sharp.

I just compared the settings of the R6 with the ones of my 1DX and the 6DII. As far as I can see, there is not much wrong there unless I missed something.

Anyone had similar issues or could anyone share their settings for sports/football/soccer?

iker3085's gear list:iker3085's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X Canon 6D Mark II Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM +1 more
Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow